One of the essential tasks when cleaning up a data set is getting rid of duplicate values. In this article, we're going to show you how to remove duplicates in Excel using the Remove Duplicates feature. To find duplicate values using a formula please see:
- Select your data or click a cell in that table.
- Click the Remove Duplicates icon under the DATA tab.
- Excel can typically identify headers in your data. However, it's always a good idea to enable the My data has headers checkbox, and select the columns you want to remove duplicates from.
- Click OK to remove the duplicate values in your selection.
- You will receive a confirmation message with the details on how many cells were affected.