In this guide, we’re going to show you how to strikethrough in Excel.
Strikethrough is a handy formatting option to eliminate data that is not relevant anymore. Let’s see how you can apply this formatting in Excel.
Simply press the Ctrl + 5 key combination to toggle between formatting with and without strikethrough.
Format Cells window
You can strikethrough by enabling this from the Format Cells window, just like any other formatting option.
You can open the Format Cells window in a few ways. Select the cell(s) containing the text you want to format and use one of the following:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + F
- Press Ctrl + Shift + P
- Press Ctrl + 1 and activate the Font tab
- Right-click and select the Format Cells option and activate the Font tab
- Click the tiny arrow on Home > Font
Strikethrough using Quick Access Toolbar
The last approach in our list is using the Quick Access Toolbar. You can add the Strikethrough command button into the Quick Access Toolbar which can be found in the top section of the Excel window.
Follow the steps below to add the command into the Quick Access Toolbar:
- Open Excel Options.
- Click on Quick Access Toolbar
- Select All Commands to list Strikethrough.
- Select Strikethrough in the left box.
- Click Add button to move the command to the toolbar.
- Click OK to finish.